How to Surrender
Do you need to rehome your corgi? Please read the following:
- We only take Pembroke Welsh Corgi from the following states: MN, IA, WI, IL, MI & IN.
- We only take pure bred Pembroke Welsh Corgi.
- We do not take dogs that have shown any kind of aggression toward humans. This includes, but is not limited to, resource guarding, lip curling, growling, snapping and biting. All surrendering owners, including shelters, are required to sign a document attesting to the fact that the dog they are surrendering has never shown aggression toward a human being, including children. You are legally liable if the dog is found to be aggressive and injures someone.
- We do not make the identity of the new owner available to the previous owner after the corgi is re-homed.
- Your dog will have to pass a temperament test before acceptance into our program.
- Your dog must have the following to enter rescue:
- Up-to-date shots (rabies shot required, distemper appreciated). You must provide a certificate from your vet to prove vaccinations are up to date.
- A copy of the dog’s veterinary records
- If they are being moved to a foster home out of state, they need a Health Certificate, which can be obtained from your veterinarian. These certificates are only good for a limited time and we will discuss this with you.
If you would like to pursue re-homing your corgi through our group, please contact us we will get back to you as soon as we can. Please be patient – we all work full-time, have other obligations.