1. Transporter has a basic working knowledge of dog handling and experience with either Pembroke Welsh Corgis or other canine species. Transporter acknowledges and understands that any Corgi could have health and/or behavioral or other problems.
2. Transporter understands and acknowledges the inherent problems and risks associated with caring for dogs, especially rescued dogs, and Transporter knowingly and voluntarily accepts such problems and risks.
3. All members of Transporter's household, and any and all other persons who might be affected by Transporter in the activity of transportation of the rescued dog(s), have been fully advised by Transporter of all matters (including problems and risks) relating to providing foster care to dogs, and have willingly and voluntarily consented to Transporter's actions in connection therewith.
4. LPWCR agrees to make full disclosure to Transporter of all facts that are known to LPWCR regarding dogs and that are sent to Transporter. Transporter understands and agrees that LPWCR makes no other representation regarding Corgi or its health, behavior or temperament.
a. Transporter shall assume responsibility for any written records for Corgi, which will be supplied by either the person surrendering the dog, the shelter where the dog was picked up, or another Transport Volunteer.
b. Transporter further provides humane and compassionate care for Corg. Caretaker shall provide the safe crate in the transporters vehicle. Transporter shall provide water and a safe place to allow the dog to potty if/when necessary. Transporter will use caution while transporting the Corgi from the original vehicle to their own vehicle by using a safe and reliable leash and collar.
6. LPWCR agrees to reimburse Transporter for the mileage incurred in connection with transportation of Corgi if and only if the appropriate Reimbursement Form, available on our website - lakeshorecorgirescue.org, has been completed and submitted to the LPWCR treasurer.
7. Transporter hereby releases, indemnifies and holds harmless LPWCR and its officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any and all loss, claims, damages, liability or expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees and other legal costs) of every nature imposed on, incurred by or asserted against any of them, whether direct, indirect or consequential, arising as a result of, or in any way relating to, the negligence or willful misconduct of Transporter, the actions of Corgi or Transporter’s failure to comply with the terms of this Agreement. This release and indemnification shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
8. This Agreement shall become effective on the date this form is submitted and shall continue to be effective until such time as both Transporter and LPWCR enter into a new agreement, which new agreement would supersede this Agreement.
9. If any provision of this Agreement is or becomes void or unenforceable by force or operation of law, the other provisions of this Agreement shall survive and remain valid and enforceable.
10. This Agreement represents the entire agreement between Transporter and LPWCR. This Agreement shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of, the State of Illinois. In the event of a dispute, the courts of the State of Illinois shall have jurisdiction over the matter.
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.