1. Caretaker agrees to provide temporary foster care for one or more dogs (each, a "Corgi") whose ownership has been transferred to LPWCR.
2. Caretaker has a working knowledge of and experience with either Pembroke Welsh Corgis or another dog breed. Caretaker acknowledges and understands that any Corgi could have health and/or behavioral or other problems, and Caretaker is willing to work with his/her foster to rectify these issues with in reason.
3. Caretaker understands and acknowledges the inherent problems and risks associated with caring for dogs, especially rescued dogs, and Caretaker knowingly and voluntarily accepts such problems and risks.
4. All members of Caretaker's household, and any and all other persons who might be affected by Caretaker's caring for rescued dogs, have been fully advised by Caretaker of all matters (including problems and risks) relating to providing foster care to dogs, and have willingly and voluntarily consented to Caretaker's actions.
5. LPWCR agrees to make full disclosure to Caretaker of all facts that are known about the dog they are accepting into their care. Caretaker understands and agrees that LPWCR makes no other representation regarding Corgi or its health, behavior or temperament.
6. Caretaker shall maintain records for Corg. Caretaker shall complete a Foster Home Evaluation Report. Corgi shall be exposed to many varied situations, including typical family and living situations and exposure to other animals, children and adults. Caretaker agrees to make full disclosure to LPWCR of all facts known to Caretaker regarding dogs that have been sent to Caretaker for temporary foster care.
7. Caretaker shall arrange for appropriate veterinary care for Corgi, if necessary, including necessary vaccinations (Rabies, and Distemper combination vaccination), having Corgi neutered or spayed, and a heart worm test (if not already done within the last year). Corgi shall also receive a thorough health examination if the foster home feels it is necessary, including a fecal check. Caretaker shall also provide grooming for Corgi. No further treatment and/or tests and/or any other extraordinary items shall be performed without the prior authorization of LPWCR's President.
8. Caretaker shall provide humane and compassionate care for Corgi. Corgi shall spend most of its time in the home, and shall eat and sleep in the home. Corgi shall have reasonable interaction with family members and shall participate in a home environment.
9. Caretaker shall cooperate with and assist LPWCR's efforts to place Corgi in a permanent home.
10. At such time as Corgi is placed in a permanent home, Caretaker shall provide to the new owner applicable vaccination and veterinarian records that are in LPWCR or foster homes name only. No registration paperwork and/or information supplied by the previous owner or their veterinarian shall be given to the new owner. Paperwork from the previous owner shall be sent to the LPWCR treasurer along with copies of the paperwork which was appropriately given to the new owners and other required LWPCR forms such as the Foster Home Evaluation form.
11. LPWCR shall reimburse Caretaker for veterinarian expenses that were incurred for Corgi in compliance with the provisions of section 7., and for any other veterinarian expenses for which Caretaker obtained approval from LPWCR's President. In addition, if Corgi was acquired from an animal shelter or a humane society, LPWCR shall reimburse Caretaker for any costs that were incurred by Caretaker.
12. LPWCR shall reimburse Caretaker for other reasonable and necessary expenses that were directly related to the care of, or attempts to place, Corgi, and for which expenses Caretaker has receipts or other written evidence. These items would include, for example, mileage for taking Corgi to a new home, and other similar types of expenses. LPWCR will not reimburse for such items as dog food, dog toys, dog treats, bedding, etc. The only exception is if the corgi is on a special diet recommended by a licensed veterinarian.
13. All requests for reimbursement must be in writing and be accompanied by the reimbursement form.
14. Caretaker acknowledges and agrees that LPWCR shall not reimburse Caretaker for any costs or expenses relating to any damages to a person or property caused by or arising or resulting from Corgi's actions.
15. Caretaker hereby releases, indemnifies and holds harmless LPWCR and its officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any and all loss, claims, damages, liability or expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees and other legal costs) of every nature imposed on, incurred by or asserted against any of them, whether direct, indirect or consequential, arising as a result of, or in any way relating to, the negligence or willful misconduct of Caretaker, the actions of Corgi or Caretaker's failure to comply with the terms of this Agreement. This release and indemnification shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
16. This Agreement shall become effective on the date of this application and shall continue to be effective until such time as either
(a) Caretaker and LPWCR enter into a new agreement, which new agreement would supersede this Agreement
(b) Caretaker or LPWCR notifies the other party that this Agreement is terminated.
17. Any changes or additional terms to this Agreement must be in writing and signed by both Caretaker and LPWCR.
18. If any provision of this Agreement is or becomes void or unenforceable by force or operation of law, the other provisions of this Agreement shall survive and remain valid and enforceable.
19. This Agreement represents the entire agreement between Caretaker and LPWCR. This Agreement shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of, the State of Illinois. In the event of a dispute, the courts of the State of Illinois shall have jurisdiction over the matter.
List any restrictions you have in terms of distance you can travel from your home
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.